Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The End of the 30th Year

Okay, so tomorrow I turn 31. What better thing to do than to write a blog recognizing all the glory of my 30th year. Let me think about that for a second...

...

........

............................

well, okay... maybe I should talk about the how glorious my 31st year is going to be. :)

Seriously, for all the craziness that my 29th year brought me, my 30th was relatively calm. I began the year as a college graduate and I am ending it applying for law school. I began the year in a fairly new relationship and I am ending it in the same relationship that is stronger than I ever could have imagined. I began the year in a job that I thought for sure I would be walking out on any day and I am ending it working for the same company about to move into a position that I am really excited about. I began the year scared about what my future will hold and I am ending it... well, I am still scared... Hey, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, right??

So, what's the big deal about turning 31 anyway? I will tell you what... I will officially be "in my thirties". Think about that for a second. Up through the age of 29, I was "in my 20s" which was great, especially when I could get away with that at 29. When I turned 30, I was just that... 30. But now, now I will be 31 and I will be "in my 30s" which is a description that I just can't believe. I mean really? How is that possible? How does time go so quickly? My son, he just turned 9. He will be 10 by the end of this year... 10. In double digits. Where did time go?

I know what you are all thinking... what a dumb blog Jen... do you think you are the only person to feel this way? NO! I don't! But I am the one who writes the blogs and so I can write about whatever I want and at this moment, I want to write about the fact that I can't freaking believe I am going to be 31 tomorrow. I can't believe that it is 2009 and that we just put our first African American President in the White House. I can't believe that I am going to start law school in the fall and I can't believe that my little brother is a college graduate and that my niece is going to be a mom. There is an entire list of things I can't believe, but on the top of that at this very moment is that I am having a birthday tomorrow and it doesn't even feel like it. It feels too soon... Hell, I still can't believe that Christmas came and went - I never even put up a tree!

BLINK! And there it goes. Wow. Okay, I figure I should end this particular post here and change gears so that this doesn't turn into a completely rambling blog. Until the next topic tickles my fancy....

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could join me on the slide down the 30's!! Woo hoo it has been fun so far! 31 is nothing, wait till you are 37!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete