Monday, February 16, 2009

Why a bed in your living room is cool...

So, since I am preparing to move next weekend, I have done some creative furniture shifting in my apartment. Basically, I disassembled my bed and I put all the boxes that I packed into my bedroom and took my mattress and box spring and placed them on the floor in my living room. So what this gives you is basically the ability to walk right in my front door and collapse onto the bed. So here are the reasons I think this is the coolest thing ever:

  • Instant relaxation as soon as you get home.
  • It's like having a sleepover or a camp out every night.
  • Everything you need (aka Refrigerator) is just a few steps away
  • Less vacuuming to do since the bed covers the entire living room floor
  • I am much more motivated to crawl into bed with a book instead of go out and eat/drink too much
  • It is entertaining to see the look on people's faces when you open your front door and a bed is right there.
The only catch... most of those things listed above are also negatives... and when I say negative, I mean that they totally promote laziness. :) But hey... it's only for another week so I am living it up while I can!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have converted to a studio apartment. Maybe you should have done that instead and saved some money?? It definitely sound convenient!!

    ReplyDelete